Farm Tours in Western NC
COME HANG OUT WITH SOME PRETTY NEAT ANIMALS.
Your tour will be a 45-minute educational farm tour where you’ll have the opportunity to walk the farm to learn about and meet some of our animals who make up the Winchester Creek Farm Farmily. Read our Farm Rules and Polices on this page before booking your tour.
Gift Cards Available
Give your friends and family members the unique gift of the Winchester Creek Farm Alpaca + Mini Farm Animal experience.
Farm Policies + COVID
- All Farm Tours are by Reserved Appointment only. Reservations can be booked via advance ticket purchases made through the online Book A Tour section here on our website.
- Your tour will be a 45-minute educational tour where you’ll have the opportunity to walk the farm and learn about and meet some of our animals who make up the Winchester Creek Farm Farmily.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before the start of your tour. If you are late for your tour, you will have to join the tour group mid-tour.
- Our animals are very sweet and love people, but please note that we are not a petting zoo and we do not enter our animals living areas (pastures, stalls, shelters) with our guests. We let the animals have that space to themselves and let them choose if they want to interact with our guests or not. You will have the chance to meet several of our animals up close and have photo opportunities.
- We do have a public restroom on the farm and places to sit under our covered pavilion during part of the tour. Please plan for the weather and bring an umbrella or rain coat if rain is in the forecast, as part of the tour is out in the open.
- You’ll have the option to purchase extra special treats (fruits, vegetables, animal cookies, etc) if you wish to feed the animals during the ticket booking process. The animals not only love the attention and interaction, but they also love the extra treats. We ask that these treats are purchased in advance with your tickets so that we can prepare them fresh prior to your arrival.
- For the safety of the animals, we do not allow any helium balloons, tobacco products, vaping, chewing gum, outside treats for animals, or any other animals on the property. Please leave pets safely at home. This is required in order to ensure the protection of our animals.
- Please leave your pets at home as our animals would see them as predators. Hot cars are definitely not a safe place for pets to wait for you while you’re on a tour.
- Outside food and beverages are allowed in the pavilion for booked private birthday parties and celebrations. Picnics before or after farm tours are permitted in the picnic area outside of Granny’s House.
- We go out on tours rain or shine, and only cancel during inclement weather (lighting storms, major snow, or ice storms) and we do not give refunds for any reason. If you need to cancel or reschedule the activity, you must call 828-246-9486 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours in advance and provide the available date and time that you would like to reschedule to. No shows cannot be rescheduled.